Patient Financial Services

We Are Committed To:

- Serving all patients
- Offering discounted fees for patients who qualify
- Not denying services based on a person's race, color, sex, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, or inability to pay
- Accepting insurance, including Medicaid, Medicare, Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)

About Your Bill

How Will I Be Billed?
Self-pay patients will receive a detailed bill itemizing hospital charges. You will also receive a monthly statement showing amounts due. If you have insurance, balances on your statement will remain pending until your insurance has processed your claim. Your statement will then show payments made and the amount owed by you.

Change of Address
If you are expecting a bill, please notify us of a change of address by contacting the Business Office at 715-532-5561 ext. 1308.

How Do I Pay?
You will be asked to verify your insurance information at registration. Please be prepared to present all insurance cards at this time. Insurance payments can include Medicare, Medical Assistance, Commercial Insurance (Group & Private) and Worker's Compensation.

Personal Payments
If your insurance requires co-pay, payment is expected at the time of registration.

Account balances not covered by insurance are to be paid in full upon receipt of billing. As an added convenience to you, we accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover Card. Click here to pay online.

If you anticipate difficulty paying your account in full, you may contact our Patient Finance Manager at 715-532-5561 ext. 1216 to set up payment arrangements.

Group or Private Insurance
Please present all insurance information and identification cards at registration.

Our experienced staff of patient account specialists is knowledgeable of the insurance filing process. They will submit your bill to your primary and secondary insurances if all pertinent information was supplied to us at registration.

After your insurance has processed your claim, any balance remaining on your statement will be due in full from you upon receipt.

The Medicare deductible, co-insurance and all non-covered services are your responsibility. Medicare requires that charges be billed to National Government Services in Milwaukee. Please expect to receive an explanation of benefits from them. If you have Medicare Supplemental insurance, we will submit your claims for you if insurance cards were provided upon admission. If you do not have supplemental insurance, these charges are due from you. For additional information about Medicare, you may contact us at 715-532-5561 ext. 1216, visit on the web or call 1-800-MEDICARE.

Medical Assistance
You must present your Medical Assistance card upon registration. This is a State regulation. If you do not show your card, the charges could become your responsibility. Medicaid co-payments for hospital services are to be paid upon registration. You will not receive an itemized billing of your charges as Wisconsin State law prohibits us from doing so. For additional information about medical assistance, you may contact us at 715-532-5561 ext. 1308.

Workers' Compensation
Upon registration, you will need to provide your employer's insurance information for billing your Workers' Compensation claim.

In the event that your Workers' Compensation claim is denied, you will need to provide us with your health insurance information.

For additional information regarding your account while insurance is pending, call 715-532-5561 ext. 1308.

Community Care
Rusk County Memorial Hospital offers financial aid to families who are unable to meet our payment policy. In order to determine eligibility, specific financial information and verification of such is required. To access our form and print it out click here.

For information regarding our Community Care program, or to inquire about your self-pay balance, please call our Patient Finance Manager at 715-532-5561 ext. 1216.