Occupational Therapy is a skilled intervention that helps individuals achieve their highest level of independence in all areas of their life. Occupational Therapy treatment is provided to individuals who have experienced injury, illness, developmental disabilities or affects of the aging process to improve physical abilities, motor coordination, fine motor skills and cognition. Rusk County Memorial Hospital's Occupational Therapists use a client centered approach with adults, seniors and children to increase their ability to perform skills for the job of living.
The Rusk County Memorial Hospital's Occupational Therapy staff provide treatment for the following:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Work related injuries
- Visual deficits
- Shoulder concerns including generalized pain, weakness, dislocation, rotator cuff injuries, bursitis, and frozen shoulder
- Elbow concerns including generalized pain, epidcondylitis, trauma, and Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
- Hand and wrist concerns including generalized pain, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, trigger finger, arthritis, tendon repair, DeQuervain's Syndrome, lacerations, burns/wounds, fractures, tendonitis, weakness, scar adhesions, and customized splint or brace fittings
Other specialized services and evaluations include:
- Ergonomic assessments
- Sensory Integration
- Stress management evaluations
- Driving safety evaluations
- Wheelchair assessments
- Home safety evaluations
- Work site evaluations
- Self-feeding evaluations
- Training in the use of adaptive equipment
- Energy conservation training
Free 15 - 30 minute screenings are available to determine a need for occupational therapy services. If services are recommended, an order from the client's primary care physician will be pursued.
Hours for Outpatients:
Monday - Thursday: 7:00 am to 5:30 pm
Friday: 7:00 am to 4:30 pm
To Make an Appointment
Physician orders are required for occupational therapy services. However, referrals may be provided by Nurse Practitioners, Chiropractors, Optometrists, Physical Therapists, Physician Assistant, Psychologists or other health care providers.
Once an order is obtained, appointments can be scheduled by calling the Rusk County Memorial Hospital Rehab Department at (715) 532-5561 ext. 301.
Once you have scheduled an appointment with Occupational Therapy, you may download, print and fill out the following forms. Please bring these forms with you for your first appointment.